- This event has passed.
When is the Right Time to Sell Your Business?
July 13 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Preparing yourself and your family for life after the sale is often overlooked as owners typically focus their energies only on the business aspects of the transaction. We have experienced situations where the Industry and Business Clocks were ready, but the owner and family blocked the sale at the last minute because they were not prepared.
In our final webinar, our panel will discuss building a strategy for a meaningful and satisfying life for you and future generations as you transition from running an operating company to managing a “financial” company. Some of the questions the panel will address are:
- What are the common traits that contribute to a successful future after a business transaction?
- Why is having a vision of life post-sale so important before deciding to sell?
- What are some of the most important questions to answer before moving ahead with a sale?
- How can philanthropy contribute to a family’s success after the sale?
- Should future estate planning be on the table as the deal is structured?
- What are some key ‘lessons learned’ from an experienced former business owner?
Jeremy Kuhlen, CFP®, CRPS®, AIF®, Principal & Senior Wealth Advisor, The Colony Group