Virginia Business Magazine Marketing & Sales Internship
Virginia Business is the only publication dedicated to covering economic activity in every sector and every region of the state. Since its creation in 1986, the magazine attracted loyal readers and established a reputation as a “must read” for anybody who wants to stay abreast of economic events in the commonwealth. The publication has received 17 national journalism awards since 2010.
General Job Duties:
- Execute social media marketing goals- working with both editorial and sales in merging the brand promotion and message.
- Help craft, edit and post social media content
- Assist in layout design and copy editing of marketing materials
- Create and manage guest lists for events hosted by VB
- Background and interest in marketing, public relations or communications
- Interest in business news
- Strong social media skills
- Proficiency in writing
- Quick learner
- Attention to detail
- Willing to jump into tasks where help is needed
- Ability to work independently and in group
This is an unpaid internship that is offered for academic credit. Must be available to work at least 10 hours per week. Interested applicants should email a cover letter explaining why they're interested in the internship and outlining the semester and hours needed; resume; two references and two work samples to:
DEADLINE FOR SPRING INTERNSHIP: Friday, Dec. 15, 2017
Virginia Business is located in the Shockoe Slip Historic District in downtown Richmond, 1207 E. Main St., #100.