Newsweek ranks U.Va. Medical Center top Va. hospital
Hospital ranks No. 42 in U.S. for 2022 World's Best Hospitals guide
Newsweek ranked Charlottesville’s University of Virginia Medical Center as the No. 1 hospital in Virginia in its World’s Best Hospitals 2022 guide, which was released March 2.
“Our team members have faced incredible challenges over the past two years during the COVID-19 pandemic, but they have persevered to provide excellent care for all of our patients,” U.Va. Medical Center CEO Wendy Horton said in a statement. “This award from Newsweek is another sign of all they have accomplished in service of our patients.”
The hospital ranked No. 42 in the U.S. and placed within the top 250 hospitals globally.
“This honor from Newsweek reflects the incredible dedication of our entire team as they provide the most advanced, comprehensive care for patients from across Virginia and beyond,” said Dr. K. Craig Kent, CEO of UVA Health and executive vice president for health affairs at U.Va, in a statement. “This is a well-deserved honor for UVA Health.”
Newsweek’s rankings are based on recommendations from more than 80,000 medical experts in 27 countries, patient experience surveys and medical performance indicators such as quality of care, infection-prevention measures and patient safety.
While UVA Medical Center was the only Virginia hospital to rank within the top 250 globally, several other Virginia hospitals made the U.S. rankings:
- VCU Medical Center, Richmond
- Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church
- Inova Alexandria Hospital, Alexandria
- Sentara Williamsburg Regional Medical Center, Williamsburg
- Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington
- Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, Richmond
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Norfolk
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, Fairfax
- Inova Loudoun Hospital, Leesburg
- Sentara Princess Anne Hospital, Virginia Beach
- Sentara Leigh Hospital, Norfolk
- Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, Alexandria
- Sentara – Martha Jefferson Hospital, Charlottesville
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Roanoke