Trader Interactive hires new CFO
Exec comes from Canadian classified ads company
Norfolk-based Trader Interactive has named David McMinn its chief financial officer, the company announced Wednesday.
The appointment of McMinn comes as Carsales.com Ltd. prepares to close its acquisition of Trader Interactive, an online marketplace for specialty vehicles, this month.
Carsales.com Ltd. bought 49% of Trader Interactive in August 2021 for $624 million and then announced plans to acquire the remaining 51% in June for $809 million. An announcement of the deal placed the Norfolk startup’s enterprise value at $1.87 billion.
McMinn most recently served as chief operating officer of Trader Corp., a Canadian classified advertising company. He has also served in senior leadership roles in sales and operations with the Trader Media Group in the U.K. He also served as CFO of Sensis Classifieds in Australia.
He is currently located in Canada, but plans to relocate to Virginia Beach.
Founded in 2010, Trader Interactive runs marketplaces for buyers, sellers and renters of powersports and recreational vehicles, aircraft, marine and commercial vehicles, and heavy equipment. Through brands such as Cycle Trader, RV Trader, Commercial Truck Trader and Equipment Trader, it reaches more than 13 million unique monthly users and hosts more than 9,500 dealers. The company has more than 380 employees.