The VirginiaBusiness.com Top Five
The top trending stories on VirginiaBusiness.com from Nov. 16 to Dec. 15 included the news that Gov. Ralph Northam was ordering new restrictions based
on post-Thanksgiving surges in coronavirus cases.
- Wise County is first to receive Starlink internet in Va.
The pilot program from Elon Musk’s SpaceX will provide broadband via low-orbit satellites. (Dec. 14)
- Governor orders nightly curfew
Due to rising COVID-19 cases, Northam imposed a midnight to 5 a.m. curfew and limited gatherings to 10 people. (Dec. 10)
- Henrico County announces $2.3B GreenCity arena project
Henrico officials announced plans to construct a $2.3 billion mixed-use development anchored by a 17,000-seat arena at the former Best Products headquarters site. (Dec. 1)
- These 16 Va. companies received $10M PPP loans
Sixteen companies received the maximum $10 million from the federal relief program intended to assist small businesses due to the economic crisis caused by the pandemic. (Dec. 2)
- What a legalized marijuana market could look like for Va.
A state study concluded that legalizing marijuana could generate up to $300 million in annual state tax revenue and create 11,000 jobs. (Nov. 16)