PenFed Credit Union opens headquarters in Tysons Corner
PenFed Credit Union has officially opened its headquarters in Tysons.
The building at 7940 Jones Branch Drive will accommodate up to 500 employees. It also is expected to accommodate the credit union’s growth during the next 15 years.
Initially, more than 250 employees are relocating from PenFed's former headquarters in Alexandria and its Chantilly office.
Starting Nov. 7, PenFed will operate a full-service branch on the ground floor of its headquarters. Adjacent to the building is a garage with 820 free parking spaces.
The building's environmentally friendly design has been certified as “LEED Gold” by the U.S. Green Building Council for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. LEED certification means the building will minimize water usage, energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
PenFed is leasing back a portion of the space to LMI, a 55-year-old government consulting firm.
Established in 1935 as the War Department Credit Union, PenFed Credit Union is one of the largest credit unions in the country, serving 1.4 million members worldwide; with $20 billion in assets