Navy awards Boeing subsidiary $463M contract
Argon ST will provide manned, unmanned aircraft tech
Fairfax-based Argon ST Inc. has received a $463 million Navy contract to procure and produce sensor components for fielding in manned and unmanned aircraft, the Pentagon announced Friday.
Argon ST is a wholly owned subsidiary of Arlington-based aerospace contractor Boeing Co. Under the contract, Argon ST will procure various Multi-Intelligence Sensor Development (MISD) Sensor Suite components for use in aircraft. The company will also provide engineering support for the Navy, foreign cooperative partners and foreign military sales customers.
According to the Pentagon announcement, 75% of the work will be performed in Fairfax, with the remaining 25% taking place in Germantown, Maryland. Work is expected to be complete in January 2028.
In a February 2021 pre-solicitation notice, Naval Air Systems Command said that Argon ST is “the original designer, developer and manufacturer” of the MISD Low Band Sensor Suites used by the Navy and Army and determined that the company was the only one with the expertise to fulfill its needs.
Founded in 2001, Argon develops command, control communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) and combat systems to its clients. Boeing acquired the company, which is a division in the Boeing Defense, Space & Security unit, in August 2010.
Boeing has more than 140,000 employees worldwide. The company reported $62.2 billion in revenue in fiscal 2021.