McLean-based GTT Communications acquires Dutch company
McLean-based GTT Communications Inc., a major cloud networking provider, has acquired Custom Connect, an Amsterdam-based provider of high-speed network connectivity.
Financial details were not disclosed.
GTT said the deal offers a number of strategic advantages, including:
- Extending the reach of GTT’s global Tier 1 IP backbone with additional points of presence in Europe and the Middle East.
- Augmenting GTT’s portfolio of ultra-low latency services from Frankfurt to London, New York and Chicago.
- Alignsing with GTT’s portfolio of cloud networking services.
- Deepening GTT’s base of multinational clients with highly strategic accounts, and
- Expanding GTT’s sales presence in the Benelux region
“The acquisition of Custom Connect extends GTT’s network and strengthens our service offerings in high growth financial markets,” Rick Calder, GTT president and CEO, said in a statement. “These enhanced capabilities reinforce GTT’s market leadership in cloud networking and our commitment to connecting people – across organizations and around the world.”