Maritime Guide 2020
Below is a table of contents to direct you to all articles that appear in the guide.
- On deck — With the Navy rebuilding its fleet, maritime industry is hiring thousands
- Executive profiles — We asked leaders in Virginia’s maritime and logistics industry for their thoughts on
the Port of Virginia expansion and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on shipping.
- Viral load — Port feels effect of coronavirus early but remains busy
- In the big leagues — Port’s expansion projects put state in a leading position
- Inland empire— Ports in Richmond, Front Royal receive upgrades
- Ice age — Refrigerated storage expands while port’s growth heats up
- Offshore windfall — Hampton Roads will be East Coast center for wind energy
- Tech support — New ODU center focuses on maritime cybersecurity
- Maritime law firms
- Digging deep — Port expansion projects move ahead
- Confronting COVID-19 — A ‘black swan’ event presents unusual challenges
- Rising above — Cities plan to combat sea-level rise, but is it enough?
- Women on board — New program prepares women for careers in ship repair
- Highway projects around Virginia — Construction crews are busy along the state’s highways. Here’s a sample of the biggest projects around the commonwealth.
- Smoother flow — Trucker Reservation System further reduces turn times