15 Va. tech companies ranked fastest-growing in North America
Northern Virginia, Charlottesville firms represented on Deloitte list
Fifteen Virginia tech companies earned spots on Deloitte’s 26th annual North America Technology Fast 500 Rankings list released Wednesday.
“For more than 25 years, we’ve been honoring companies that define the cutting edge and this year’s Technology Fast 500 list is proof positive that technology — from software and digital media platforms, to biotech — truly does permeate so many facets of our lives,” Paul Silverglate, Deloitte vice chairman and U.S. technology sector leader, said in a statement. “We congratulate this year’s winners, especially during a time when innovation is needed more than ever to address the monumental challenges posed by the pandemic.”
Awardees are selected based on percentage fiscal year revenue growth from 2016 to 2019, which ranged from 175% to 106,508% during the three-year time frame. The median growth rate was 450%.
This year’s winners from Virginia are listed in terms of ranking:
- No. 18: HUNGRY Marketplace Inc., software and SaaS, 10,914% growth, Arlington
- No. 50: Gravy Analytics, software and SaaS, 3,624% growth, Dulles
- No. 67: Urgently, software and SaaS, 1,968% growth, Vienna
- No. 124: Centripetal, communications/networking, 957% growth, Herndon
- No. 168: RIVA Solutions Inc., software and SaaS, 699% growth, McLean
- No. 204 Ridgeline International Inc., communications/networking, 588% growth, Tysons
- No. 206 Binary Fountain, software and SaaS, 587% growth, McLean
- No. 402 Evolent Health Inc., biotechnology/pharmaceutical, 233% growth, Arlington
- No. 413 GTT Communications Inc., communications/networking, 228% growth, McLean
- No. 426: Perfecta, software and SaaS, 220% growth, Springfield
- No. 427: WillowTree, software and SaaS, 219% growth, Charlottesville
- No. 434: DocASAP, software and SaaS, 215% growth, Herndon
- No. 446: Research Innovations Inc. (RII), software and SaaS, 209% growth, Alexandria
- No. 459: KLDiscovery, software and SaaS, 198% growth, McLean
- No. 474 PunchOut2Go, software and SaaS, 190% growth, Charlottesville
“This report is another reminder that the greater Washington area has become a leading center for technology and innovation,” Steve Balistreri, Deloitte’s technology, media and telecommunications industry leader for Greater Washington, said in a statement.
In order to be selected, companies must have base-year operating revenues of at least $50,000 and current-year operating revenues of at least $5 million. Companies must be in business for at least four years and be headquartered in North America.