Finalists named for three community college presidencies
- April 15, 2013
The State Board for Community Colleges has named finalists for president at the three community colleges.
The candidates will attend interviews at Dabney S. Lancaster Community College in Clifton Forge; Danville Community Collegein Danville; and John Tyler Community Collegein Chester and Midlothian.
VCCS Chancellor Glenn DuBois hopes to make the appointments in May.
Finalists for the presidency at Dabney S. Lancaster are:
• John J. Rainone, dean of institutional advancement at York County Community College, in Wells, Maine.
• Mark A. Smith, vice president for educational services and chief academic officer at Temple College in Temple, Texas.
• Charles D. Terrell, president of Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College in Moorefield, W.Va.
Finalists for Danville Community College are:
• Bruce R. Scism, vice president of academic affairs at Volunteer State Community College in Gallatin, Tenn.
• Mark Smith
• William Stoy, special assistant to the president at Middle Georgia State College in Macon, Ga.
• Richard Penny, vice chancellor for advancement and external relations at the University of Washington-Bothell.
Finalists for John Tyler Community College are:
• Edward Raspiller, president of the Brazos County Campuses at Blinn College in Bryan, Texas.
• William Stoy
• Cheryl Thompson-Stacy, president at Lord Fairfax Community College in Middletown and Warrenton.