Episcopal Diocese retains Harvey Lindsay in sale of Norfolk waterfront property
- May 28, 2013
The Episcopal Diocese of Southern Virginia has retained Harvey Lindsay Commercial Real Estate In Norfolk to represent the diocese in the sale of its waterfront property known as Talbot Hall. The 6.4-acre site located at 600 Talbot Hall Road in Norfolk has more than1,000 feet of frontage on the Lafayette River, according to a press release from Harvey Lindsay.
The property includes four buildings: a 4,300 square-foot manor house built by the Talbot Family in 1799-1803, a 5,000-square-foot conference center, a 4,800 square-foot office building and a 3,600-square-foot single-family residence.
The property is listed for sale for $4.25 million. Talbot Hall has served as the headquarters of the Diocese of Southern Virginia for nearly six decades.
According to the release, the diocese includes about 30,000 Episcopalians in 108 congregations between Danville and the Eastern Shore. The diocese is selling the property so it can move its administrative offices to a location that is more accessible and appropriate to its mission and ministry.
Al Carmichael, senior vice president at Harvey Lindsey, will represent the diocese in the transaction.