Cuccinelli’s positions on business issues
- September 27, 2013
Jobs and the economy
- Reduce the individual income tax rate from 5.75 percent to 5 percent.
- Reduce the business income tax from 6 percent to 4 percent.
- Establish a Small Business Tax Relief Commission.
- Seek ways to eliminate or reduce the negative effects of the Business Professional Occupational License tax, the machine tool tax and the merchants’ capital tax — while maintaining local tax revenue.
- Ensure that state government growth does not exceed inflation plus population growth.
- Broaden K-12 STEM curriculum.
- Fill funding gaps to help unemployed or under-employed men, women and veterans earn certification in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and/or STEM-H (health) programs in counties with unemployment rates of 7 percent or higher.
- Create a K-12 engineering endorsement for Virginia high school teacher licensure.
- Increase the percentage of female students completing K-12 STEM-H programs to 50 percent by 2020 and initiate a public-private partnership with existing programs that will brand and market inspirational messaging and resources to empower young women and parents to pursue these career and degree pathways.
- Reform community college career readiness programs to include business community input beyond board level into curriculum and expand internships with local businesses.
- Reform veteran training, education and employment services to reduce the unemployment rate of veterans.