Virginia Business announces CFO Award winners
- July 1, 2009
Virginia Business magazine named winners in five categories in its annual CFO awards (view slideshow) banquet Wednesday night at the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond.
The chief financial officers honored at the event were:
• Publicly traded companies: Thomas N. Chewning, Dominion Resources Inc., Richmond (who retired in June).
• Large private companies: Mark Baumgartner, Liberty Tax Service, Virginia Beach.
• Large nonprofit organizations: Dr. Maurice W. Scherrens, George Mason University, Fairfax.
• Small private companies: Andrea M. Kilmer, The ESG Companies, Virginia Beach.
• Small nonprofit organizations: Fernando Gutierrez, American Red Cross-Greater Richmond Chapter.
The winners were chosen by a panel of five judges, all of whom were previous CFO Award winners. The contest attracted 60 nominees this year, up from 50 in 2008.
Virginia Business has conducted the annual awards program since 2006.