SCC approves five Dominion energy-saving programs
- March 25, 2010
The Virginia State Corporation Commission has approved five programs Dominion Virginia Power hopes will reduce energy usage.
The programs will cost $28.1 million, which will be covered with rate increases for customers of an average 52 cents per month.
The programs will:
- provide rebates on energy-efficient lighting for residential customers;
- provide energy audits and improvements for low-income residents;
- offer HVAC upgrades to commercial customers;
- retrofit inefficient commercial lighting;
- and allow Dominion to control central air-conditioners and heat pumps to cycle units off and on during peak usage times.
The programs will expire March 31, 2013.