McDonnell creates health reform council
- August 16, 2010
Gov. Bob McDonnell is creating a council to create recommendations on ways to improve health-care access and delivery, lower costs and address Medicaid’s growing costs.
A statement from McDonnell said the council’s recommendations would go beyond federal health reform.
The council is being asked to address Medicaid reform, insurance market reform, delivery and payment reform, capacity and technology.
The council will first meet on August 20 and 21 in Roanoke. Virginia’s Secretary of Health and Human Resources Bill Hazel will be chairman of the council. Other members include:
• Cindi B. Jones, director, Virginia Health Reform Initiative
• W. Scott Burnette, president, and CEO, Community Memorial Health Center
• Geoff Brown, senior vice president and chief information officer, INOVA Health System
• Jim Carlson, chairman and CEO, Amerigroup
• Del. Ben L. Cline, Virginia House of Delegates
• Monty Dise, president, Asset Protection Group Inc.
• William H. Fralin Jr., CEO and president, Medical Facilities of America
• Shirley Gibson, RN, interim vice president of nursing operations, VCU Health System
• Chuck Hall, executive director, Hampton/Newport News Community Services Board
• Richard M. Hamrick, III, physician and partner, Pulmonary Associates of Richmond
• Patrick A. Hope, Virginia House of Delegates
• Steve Horan, president, Community Health Solutions
• Sen. R. Edward Houck, Virginia State Senate
• Clarion E. Johnson, global medical director, Medicine and Occupational Health Department, Exxon Mobil Corp.
• W. Scott Johnson, Hancock, Daniel, Johnson & Nagle, P.C
• Del. S. Chris Jones, Virginia House of Delegates
• C. Burke King, president, Virginia Market, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
• Jane Kusiak, executive director, Council on Virginia’s Future
• John A. Luke Jr., chairman and CEO, MWV, MeadWestVaco
• Elizabeth Teisberg, Darden Graduate School of Business, University of Virginia
• Dixie Tooke-Rawlins, dean and executive vice president, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM)
• Sen. William C. Wampler Jr. Virginia State Senate
• Joe R. Wilson, COO, PermaTreat Pest Control