Forbes lists six Virginians among its list of richest Americans
- September 23, 2010
Six Virginia residents have made an annual list of the 400 richest Americans published by Forbes magazine.
The list includes:
- Mars Inc. heiressJ acqueline Mars, 71, a resident of The Plains, who has an estimated net worth of $10 billion.
- SC Johnson & Sons heiress Winnie Johnson-Marquart, 51, Virginia Beach, $2 billion
- Carlyle Group executive William Conway, 61, McLean, $2 billion
- Fellow Carlyle Group executive Daniel D’Aniello, 64, Vienna, $2 billion
- Third Security LLC CEO and New River Pharmaceuticals founder Randal Kirk, 56, Radford, $1.7 billion
- AOL co-founder Stephen Case, 52, McLean, $1.1 billion
In addition, two members of the Mars family normally tied to Virginia, brothers Forest and John Mars, were listed as residents of Wyoming. Like their sister Jacqueline Mars, their fortunes are estimated at $10 billion each.