Dominion announces changes among officer ranks
- December 13, 2011
Dominion announced a number of changes Tuesday among its officer ranks. Thomas F. Farrell II, chairman, president and CEO, said the motivation behind the changes is to broaden the experience of the company’s senior leadership team
“One of the strengths of Dominion is a leadership team that keeps the strategic big picture in view without losing focus on executing our business plan every day,” he said in a news release. “Providing opportunities for our executives to expand their knowledge of other parts of the company and share their perspectives is invaluable.”
Some of the changes, which take effect Jan. 1 are listed below:
• Richard Zelenko, vice president-retail, will retire from the company after more than 33 years of service. Zelenko joined Consolidated Natural Gas, which merged with Dominion in 2000, as a technical management trainee at East Ohio Gas Co. He since has served in several other capacities, moving to his current position in 2004. Under Zelenko’s leadership, Dominion Retail has grown to serve 2.2 million natural gas, electric and energy services customers in deregulated energy markets in 15 states. Succeeding Zelenko will be Katheryn B. Curtis, currently vice president, Fossil & Hydro Merchant Operations. She will report to Paul D. Koonce, CEO of Dominion Virginia Power. Curtis joined Virginia Power in 1981.
• Edward H. Baine, vice president-shared services, will assume Curtis’ current role. Baine has been with the company since 1995.
• Becky C. Merritt, director-customer care and energy management at Dominion Virginia Power, will be promoted to vice president-shared services, succeeding Baine. Merritt has been with the company since 1979.
In the Dominion Nuclear business unit, the following changes also take effect on Jan. 1, 2012:
• Gerald T. “Jerry” Bischof, site vice president-Surry Power Station, becomes site vice president-North Anna Power Station. Bischof has been with the company since 1981 and assumed his current position in 2008.
• N. Larry Lane, site vice president-North Anna Power Station, becomes site vice president-Surry Power Station. Lane has been with the company since 1981 and assumed his current position in 2010. The site vice presidents report to Daniel G. Stoddard, senior vice president-nuclear operations.
Richmond-based Dominion is one of the nation’s largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 28,200 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and about 6,300 miles of electric transmission lines.