Commercial real estate round up, 4/5/10
- April 5, 2010
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The law firm of Wiley Rein LLP renewed a 10-year lease for 335,240 square feet at two locations in the Central Business District. The firm occupies 143,926 square feet, or 11 of 12 floors, at 1750 K, a Class B building built in 1970. It’s also keeping 191,314 square feet of space at 1776 K, a 42-year-old property known as the Montgomery Building. Cassidy Turley represented Wiley Rein in the lease transactions.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovskey and Popeo PC has renewed its lease for 55,000 square feet of space at 701 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. The law firm has been at its Market Square location for nearly 20 years. Studley represented the firm in the transaction.
ARLINGTON — Three Ballston Plaza, a 304,166-square-foot office property in Arlington, has been sold by Cornerstone Real Estate Advisers LLC for $121.2 million, or about $399 per square foot. The buyer was Boston-based AEW Capital Management LP. The property, a 20-year-old, 16-story building on Glebe Road, is 92 percent leased. Tenants include CACI International and Arlington Economic Development. Cassidy Turley represented Cornerstone, whose corporate headquarters is located in Hartford, Conn.
WILLIAMSBURG — McDonald Garden Market has temporarily leased a 29,232-square-foot outparcel at James York Plaza in Williamsburg. S.L. Nusbaum Realty Co. in Norfolk represented the landlord.