The Rebkee Co. buys former headquarters building of A.H. Robins Co.
- September 15, 2011
The Rebkee Co., a Chesterfield County real estate developer, has purchased one of Richmond’s best known corporate buildings. The company acquired the seven-story, 273,000-square-foot former headquarters building from A.H. Robins Co., a pharmaceuticals maker that operated in the city for nearly 40 years.
The building, located on eight acres off Cummings Drive in north Richmond, includes a warehouse and manufacturing space. Easily visible from nearby Interstate 95, it has been a familiar landmark through the years, because of the logos visible from the highway of consumer products such as Chap Stick, which were made in Richmond .
After its opening in 1952 as the home for A.H. Robins, the building has continued to have a pharmaceutical history. New Jersey-based Wyeth bought it along with Robins other operations in 1989. Wyeth decided to sell the building in July 2008, shortly before it was acquired the following year by Pfizer Inc.
The purchase price was not disclosed.